Policies & Inquiries
Aloha Guests! It is our goal that you arrive here on Kauai at the Poipu Plantation and are happy with your selection of accommodations. Please ask questions, we are glad to help.
Airbnb guests, refer to that web site for all payment, change and cancellation policies.
Make An Inquiry
We are glad to Courtesy Hold space a few days while you continue to compare and while you arrange your flights.
Most reservation (not Airbnb) are then confirmed with a 50% advanced deposit.
- Check-in is 3PM, Check-out is 10 AM. Due to Covid policy, no early Check-in. Late check out is not offered due to pre-scheduled housekeepers and occupancy.
- Nightly rates are plus state taxes of 14.96%.
- One, or two- night stays may be offered for certain dates, rates are higher to offset
housekeeping and services
- Discounts Jan to April 1 for 65+, ‘Ohana guests (return), active US military, Kama’aina
with HDL, nightly minimums apply.
- Guests are asked to turn off air conditioning whenever leaving. Management will do so
when guests forget. Oil generates the majority of Kauai electricity at this time. We strive to be environmentally conscientious using solar hot water, available biodegradable products, recycling program and conservation of water and electricity.
- There are no charges for standard housekeeping upon departure- included with your accommodation. Please wash all kitchen items used, empty trash, remove all food items. Guests are responsible for additional costs related to unusually messy suites, kitchens, or damage due to negligence to the furniture, fixtures, or equipment.
Vacation Rental Suites Housekeeping detailsYour rental is expertly cleaned for your arrival and again upon your departure. Paper products, soaps, towels and bed linens are provided. Rentals are equipped with vacuum, broom and other cleaning items. A coin laundry is convenient on the property. To avoid extra cleaning charges upon departure, simply follow these simple guidelines: Wash Dishes, Pots, Pans and before departure. Empty Trash daily on your way out. Clean up spills as they happen Vacation Rentals do not include daily maid service. Departure cleaning is included. One extra towel set per guest is included. For more service, we heartily recommend a “mid stay clean”. This includes a complete change of linens and towels, as well as a light cleaning. 7+ nights includes mini service towel and linen service weekly.
Guests may opt for additional housekeeping services:Limited in-suite mini service: towel and linen change are $25 one bedroom & $40 two bedrooms, standard occupancy. Mid-stay standard cleaning in-suite service is $45 one bedroom and $75 two bedroom. Please request 24 hours in advance for all extra services.
Other Resort Housekeeping NotesCosts due to excessively dirty suites, kitchens and other guest rental space or damage to furniture, fixtures and equipment are the responsibility of the guest
Vacation Rental Guidelines
Final Standard Cleaning is included in your rate upon departure. To avoid extra cleaning charges upon departure, please care for the suite as your home:
- Wash Dishes, Pots, Pans and before departure too.
- To limit ants and other pests, food items, cut pineapple and the like need to be sealed or kept in the refrigerator and empty trash daily on your way out in parking area.
- Vacuum, broom, dustpan, iron and small board are included.
- Take care as you would your own home. When in doubt, please come talk to us!
Cancellation, Change, & Payment Policy – Not for Airbnb
Covid 19 related travel restrictions.
Per current State and County regulations, we are happy to make new reservations for travelers who are residents of Hawaii and not subject to the 14-day quarantine, or for any stays with an arrival after September 1, 2020 wherein 14 day quarantine is waived for a negative pre-arrival test result. Please note, for trans pacific travelers arriving after September 1st, they must comply with the new State travel requirements. At this time, that is providing a negative Covid 19 test result taken no more than 3 days prior to arrival.
More information on the State’s travel requirements can be found on the State of Hawaii Travel site or by calling the State at 808.586.4586.
Covid 19 related guest cancellation
Reservation cancellation or change policy for reservations made with a Covid 19 deposit credit
Standard reservation cancellation or change policy for most
December Holiday, Groups 2 rooms, 14+ nights
Groups of 3+ rooms
One- and Two-night reservations
- Prepaid and non-refundable within 89 days of arrival.
Ohana Long Term Reservation 21 + nights
- Initial deposit of $500 plus tax is needed to confirm a tentative reservation
- Deposit balance (50%) due no later than 6 months prior to check in
- Give us at least 6 months’ notice of cancellation or change, full refund, less $50, or ($1700+ less 3%).
- Give us at least 4 months’ notice of cancellation or change, one half of the deposit is returned, less $50, or ($1700+ less 3%). Full balance is required at least 4 months prior to arrival and is non-refundable unless space is re-sold
- Extra person charge is payable as they occur at $25 per night, per Adult, plus tax
- Credit card payments add 3% to any total.
Other important policy notes
We will do our best to be fair in resolving cancellations, but make no exceptions to the policies shown above, unless the airport is closed. Policies are in place to protect our occupancy since we cannot offer your space to others once you have confirmed a reservation.
- Refunds over $1700 are minus 3%
- A payment lost due to above will be returned if space is re-sold (all or part), less $50
fee. Contact the office for more details. Less night changes are prorated based on
above deadlines, plus a $50 administrative fee.
- Guests are encouraged to purchase travel insurance to protect your travel
- Accommodation name assignments are not guaranteed; accommodation type or
better is guaranteed.
- Less night changes are prorated based on above deadlines, less $50 administrative
- Less night changes are also subject to a rate change or non-acceptance if less than
minimum required nights.
- After arrival, there are no date adjustments offered. “No Shows” will be charged the
full value of the reservation.
- Any other changes not described above may be subject to a $50 fee and rate change.
- Any forfeit funds due to the above, may be returned based on the re-sale of your
nights or portion thereof.
- Any changes of the above policy must be approved in writing by the resort office.
- Be sure to show the accurate number of persons in your party. Limits are enforced for
- Adults only in bed and breakfast. No children or extra persons are offered.
- Please check-in upon arrival or the next morning if after hours. Arrival balance will be posted next business day
- Vacation Rentals always include standard cleaning upon departure.
Guests are responsible for additional costs related to unusually messy suites, kitchens, or damage due to negligence to the furniture, fixtures, or equipment.
Poipu Plantation Resort is committed to protecting your privacy while you are visiting https://poipubeach.com.
The Information We CollectFor each visitor to our Web page, our Web server automatically recognizes only the consumer’s domain name, but not the e-mail address. We collect and save e-mail address of those who give their e-mail addresses while making reservations and/or inquiries. The information we collect is used for internal review and is then discarded. It is not shared with other organizations for commercial purposes. Although not likely, if you do not want to receive e-mail from our office in the future, please let us know by sending us e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
How Your Information is Used and With Whom Your Information is SharedWe never make e-mail addresses of those who access our site available to any other organizations. If you supply us with your postal address online you will only receive the information for which you provided us your address. Persons who supply us with their telephone numbers online will only receive telephone contact from us with information regarding requests they have placed online. We do not share your personal information with outside parties.
SecurityWith respect to security: We always use industry-standard encryption technologies when transferring and receiving sensitive data exchanged with our site.
Cookies and Advertising ServersWith respect to cookies; we do not set any cookies. With respect to Ad Servers: We do not partner with or have special relationships with any ad server companies.
Other Information You Should KnowFrom time to time, we may use guest information for new, unanticipated uses not previously disclosed in our privacy notice. If our information practices change at some time in the future we will contact you before we use your data for these new purposes to notify you of the policy change and to provide you with the ability to opt out of these new uses.
Customers may prevent their information from being used for purposes other than those for which it was originally collected by calling us at (808) 742-6757.
Upon request we provide site visitors with access to any contact information and/or the ability to have inaccuracies corrected (e.g., name, address, phone number). Customers can access this information and/or have it corrected by sending us an e-mail us at the below address.
Please call for any more detail or questions, we are happy to help make this clear.